the point

the point

Friday, June 9, 2017

A Personal Relationship with the Savior

Check out this video...



The topic here is the individual relationship I can have with Christ. I've realized that when I feel more centered with Him, I feel more centered with every other area of my life. I'm kinder, more confident, more forgiving of myself and others. On the flip side, I am curt with my husband when I don't personally feel connected with Christ. I'm more insecure and irritable. And I usually don't realize this until I say or do something to someone I care about that is hurtful.

A couple quotes from this video that stand out to me:

"No one can fall lower than the Light of Christ shines"...this resonates with me. When discouraged, sometimes I don't want to be found. It's easier to bask in my self-sulking. In a kind way, this tells me that Christ wants to be my friend. He wants to sit by me when I feel sad and remind me that I'm ok.

"We convert individuals, not congregations"...I love this! I mean more as an individual than anything else!

Final principle that stands out:

Engaging in certain activities will strengthen my personal relationship with Christ. For example, the sacrament. Look for something that draws my heart out...helps me feel humble...quiets my mind...these are the moments I will reflect on Him more and ultimately feel closer.

Happy Friday y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it classy...